Writer for Hire
So who is Timothy Savage? I’m an author, a freelance writer for hire, a professional who’s pleased to be your One Stop Shop for written and electronic communications. Among my achievements:
- Author of the novel Davey’s Savior.
- Skilled in both the technical side and the human side of communications. I build sound and attractive technical structures for communications, and I populate those structures with compelling content, including copywriting, ghost writing, journalism, marketing communications, audio, video and more.
- Independent since 2001, with a wide variety of clients across the United States. My independent experience includes creation and support of news websites, newsletters and an internal benefits website for Wisconsin-based Schreiber Foods; work as a communications subcontractor for Caribou Coffee and Thrivent Financial; writing everything from press releases and speeches to marketing communications for any number of organizations; and more.
- Experienced in editing, layout, and book design. I work in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, Scrivener, and MS Word, and have formatted and published text and photo books, newspapers, newsletters and more.
- ‘New media’ expert, able to employ and tailor new media tools like social networking, podcasts, online video and more for use as part of an overall communications strategy on any topic.
- Web design, content creation, implementation and ongoing support. My experience includes creation and support of the premier internal news website for The St. Paul Companies; Managing Editor for three departments of BestBuy.com, the online retail wing of Best Buy; creation and maintenance of the Fresno County Democratic Party’s website; websites for Fresno’s Community Alliance newspaper, the State Center Federation of Teachers, and many more.
- I’m here for my clients. I can work face-to-face, directly on-site, or over long distances through virtual and network connections.
- I meet or exceed deadlines – especially tight deadlines – as well as cost quotations.
- I work directly on client projects. If you call me, you get me; not a gatekeeper.
- I share my skills for the betterment of the community.